Monday, August 27, 2012

A Black & White Past.

I have been repeatedly reminded by many people that everyone in this world is born with a purpose. A reason that leads one through life’s ups and downs, through many tears and countless smiles. Farhan Akhtar had described this beautifully in the bollywood flick Lakshya. I still remember the goose bumps I had when Preity Zinta pouted wisdom to Hrithik Roshan to have Lakshya in life. She was brilliant and freaky hot in those Barkha Dutt hair do, uffff!!!.
The movie made me realize what I was missing in my life. That evening I had one full Chicken biriyani followed by a plate of Kothu Porotta and fresh lime juice making me think hard why am I born. There must be some Lakshya you know, some unknown significant reason like a previous birth unfulfilled mission or some crap like that. May be I am too exaggerating, but then I got to know the purpose of my existence. I can’t live all my life pondering over biriyanis, kebabs, colas and women. I got to be ready for what I am destined to. Lakshya is the word.
Actually speaking I have had such thoughts many times before in life. In fact every time I did a maths sum and got caned by Lucy Miss in 10th standard, I have asked this question to myself. It’s not that I haven’t felt the need for a goal in my life. The goals I found were momentary, they lacked a severe instinct, a cringing desire that could me over and put me on a firm mission.
Years went by and nothing worth mentioning happened in my life.
I passed board exams , flunked engineering entrances, got rejected by umpteen colleges , had practically zero hunk life, finally did graduation, got a job, got fired, made it to advertising and suddenly my life changed.
I decided to quit my job and do MBA...

No comments:

Post a Comment