Friday, October 5, 2012

I love you Netravati Express!




You sure it’s the north railway station right?

God it’s already 1.30pm and still we have another 2 kilometers to cross”  
She expressed frantic concerns for her train, luggage and dear amma who was waiting at home. Honestly speaking I wanted her to miss the train and probably postpone her journey and sit with me in café coffee day.  She was sitting pillion to me straddling her bag and cell phone busy reassuring her mother periodically.

I don’t know what made me do that. Blame it on filmy disposition  I decided to open up my mind right in front of hundreds at the railway station. 


“Sree I got to tell you this now.  
Do you know which train is that?

“ What's wrong with you?, we just took the tickets right!  ” she replied staring at her watch.
    Yeah! 

"I swear by that train that my feelings for you is as strong as those railway tracks. I might be late to tell you this but then most of the Indian trains do run late and still make it to their destinations.  I want to be on a journey with my heart reserved exclusively for you.  I love you and want to be with you for the rest of my life as long as Indian Railway exists"

It was a treat to watch her after my bizarre confession. She fiddled her phone nervously avoiding an eye to eye contact. Of course she was smiling, probably at my weird style of proposal. I put her bags comfortably after placing her into a spacious compartment. She paused and looked at me. 

"Reply darling whom are you waiting for! Don’t think like a rank holder. Put aside your accounting skills and think from heart. This is the test of life, grace me with an answer"

  I couldn’t help mumbling.

“Would it be fine if I reply to you once I reach home, I need to think” Beggars are never deciders, they hardly have choices.

“Yeah that’s kind of ok” I replied half heartedly  

I must say that the estrogen command overrules the strongest and even the bravest of men. She waved me a good bye as her train chugged its heart ahead in full momentum. I walked back through the overbridge wondering what destiny had in store for me. And then I felt a vibration from within.
 My cell phone beeped.

 I prayed as I looked on to the screen just like a troubled batsman looking for green signal from third empire.

“I think I am in love with you too. And I wish from the bottom of my heart to spend rest of my life’s journey with you”

 That’ was the finest moment of my life and I understood why Mani Ratnam showed  railway station shots in his every film. The entire station seemed like in chorus with me. Train announcements sounded a lot more sweeter and I felt like hugging the ticket collector who was busy tallying the checked in passengers.

I was in love.

Hail Indian Railways...








                                                                                                                                                                                                               


No comments:

Post a Comment